Home » , , » Stuck In My Skull 518 -- "Glory and Gore"

Stuck In My Skull 518 -- "Glory and Gore"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, June 6, 2014 | 6/06/2014 12:22:00 PM

Song: "Glory and Gore" || Artist: Lorde || http://youtu.be/vEHHh8IBhpY ||
Comments: Hello everyone and happy Friday! Today's song is one of the lesser-known songs off Lorde's album Pure Heroine. Unlike "Royals," "Team," and (to a lesser degree) "Tennis Court", "Glory and Gore" was released as a single several months later and thus has been robbed of radio play. I think this is truly a shame, because this song is amazing. To be honest, I think the entire album is amazing, but this song (along with "Tennis Court") tends to get stuck in my head fairly often. It's an excellent synthpop track that clocks in around 72 BPM, so dancing to this is basically out of the question. And that's fine, really -- not every track needs be a dance number. The Wikipedia article on the song goes so far as to call out 'chillwave' influences, which I think is going a little too far. This one is nothing but social commentary and satire, and it does a brilliant ob o making a point. Seriously, give this song a listen if you haven't already, I think you'll enjoy it.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment