Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 516 -- "Only a Fantasy"

Stuck In My Skull 516 -- "Only a Fantasy"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, May 26, 2014 | 5/26/2014 07:55:00 AM

Song: "Only a Fantasy" || Artist: Adriane Lake || https://soundcloud.com/adrianelake/05-only-a-fantasy ||


Comments: Good morning everyone, and happy Monday! And let me tell you, it is actually a happy Monday: As of about a month ago, Adriane Lake seems to have uploaded the entirety of her album to her Soundcloud for your listening pleasure! Long-time readers may think find this name familiar, and indeed it is! I first brought up Adriane Lake waaaaay back in 'Hipster Week' in Entry 339. After Hipster Week, I actually interviewed the delightful Ms. Lake, but sadly the interview died with my hard drive not long after. Having spoken to her for a bit, though, I can say that her album really does sound like her -- it's incredibly of her personality (at least as far as I've experienced it).

Thoughts on the artist aside, let's talk about the song. I had all sorts of trouble deciding which of her songs to write about. I finally settled on this song because it's the most likely to be stuck in my head. "Only a Fantasy" is a laid-back track that with quirky and up-beat percussion and deep, rich bass that really puts a smile on my face. As is par for the course with Adriane Lake, the vocals are heartfelt and moving, layered with emotion. The song is excellently constructed and delightfully complex, and definitely worth a listen. The lyrics can be found here, and the rest of her album is on her Soundlcloud, neatly bundled into a playlist here. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment