Home » , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 506 -- "Tennis Court"

Stuck In My Skull 506 -- "Tennis Court"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, May 2, 2014 | 5/02/2014 10:00:00 AM

Song: "Tennis Court" || Artist: Lorde || http://youtu.be/D8Ymd-OCucs ||
Comments: Hello everyone! Sorry the last two weeks have been so barren -- I'm going through a pretty chaotic time and kind of between stages in life, so things have been a bit loopy. To make up for it, I'm planning five entries for next week in the form of a theme week!

For today, though, let's talk about this song. I woke up with this song stuck in my head, and it hasn't left all day. I really enjoy the lyrics to this song, which make for a pretty solid social commentary. In addition, the bass in this song is amazing. Loud and omnipresent, the bass is a perfect platform for the fairly intricate percussion that keeps the song moving, and I can't get enough of it. Frankly, the entire album is excellent, each track having its own style. In the case of "Tennis Court," all I hear is masterfully-produced minimal electronica. Well done, Lorde, well done.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment