Home » , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 440 -- "My Confession"

Stuck In My Skull 440 -- "My Confession"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Thursday, July 25, 2013 | 7/25/2013 05:00:00 AM

Song: "My Confession" || Artist: Kamelot feat. Eklipse || http://youtu.be/oSylbQEHhVo ||
Comments: Happy Thursday, and what a happy Thursday it is! I just discovered this video, and I am beyond pumped about this. I love this song, and I really wasn't expecting Kamelot to release another single off Silverthorne besides their first single, "Sacrimony." This song is excellent. Oddly, it starts with lyrics heard in another song on the album -- the intro song "Manus Dei." Can we say 'concept album?' Yes we can! And I most certainly love it. Once again, new-to-the-band vocalist Tommy Karevik proves he is more than capable of replacing long-time singer Roy Khan, and brings his own excellent style to the band. Also, he has stage presence that Roy Khan never did. His vocals fit perfectly with the instrumentation on this track, partially provided by an excellent string quarter called Eklipse. I'm honestly surprised that the song "Silverthorne" wasn't the next single from the album -- given the fact that it's the title track and all -- but this song is so masterfully arranged that I don't begrudge it the primacy. "My Confession" is a beautiful piece, and seeing this released as the next single/video really makes my day. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment