Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 434 -- "Wine Red"

Stuck In My Skull 434 -- "Wine Red"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, July 8, 2013 | 7/08/2013 06:06:00 AM

Song: "Wine Red" || Artist: The Hush Sound || http://youtu.be/1r6MFfMEziE ||
Comments: Good morning, everyone, and happy Monday. I have a small confession to make -- I don't actually have this song stuck in my head. When I woke up this morning and finally shook off the remaining confusion caused by some very weird dreams (What the heck, brain?), I actually had "Sweet Nothing" stuck in my head. By the end of this entry, however, I'll probably have this song replacing it. A friend of mine showed me this song years and years ago, way back when I was first really getting into music. So far back, in fact, that it's in that category of partially-forgotten artists I never really looked up. Not looking this group up is a mistake, pure and simple. Why? Because this song is just that great. At 2:42, the song is a quick little track, but it's perfectly produced. The two primary vocalists -- Greta Salpeter (who now goes by Greta Morgan) and Bob Morris -- play off each other perfectly, complementing each other with all the right notes to produce a unique vocal sound that works wonderfully with the easy-going light rock sound of the instrumentation. "Wine Red" is a catchy little number, and masterfully done.
In a way, I'm glad I forgot about this track for so long. It turns out that the band was on hiatus for many years, and only recently got back together. (Source.) It turns out they released an EP in March, and are working on a new album. Talk about great timing. Enjoy the track, and remember not to let Monday suck just because it's Monday!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment