Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 436 -- "Ruffneck (Full Flex)"

Stuck In My Skull 436 -- "Ruffneck (Full Flex)"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Thursday, July 11, 2013 | 7/11/2013 05:50:00 AM

Song: "Ruffneck (Full Flex)" || Artist: Skrillex || http://youtu.be/dcLaYwl48v0 ||
Comments: Good morning, folks. For the life of me, I have no idea why this song was stuck in my head the other day, but it was. And yes, I called it a song. Dubstep is music too, not just all screeching noise (though I have to admit that this song has its fair share). Honestly, the thing I like the most about Skrillex is his ability to juxtapose beautiful and melodic instrumentation (piano parts) with the more typical, dubstep-y instrumentation (wub wub and WAAAAAANGH sounds)*. I think this song is probably the best example of that juxtaposition that I know of. And while I love "Bangarang" just as much as the next person (likely, rather much more than the next person), I'd have to say that I think this track beats it. It's just prototypical Skrillex, and I happen to like it. So put away your preconceptions and take a listen -- you might like it too.


*Author's note: You try describing dubstep noise. It's hard to spell.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment