Home » , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 435 -- "I Remember"

Stuck In My Skull 435 -- "I Remember"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Tuesday, July 9, 2013 | 7/09/2013 06:13:00 AM

Song: "I Remember" || Artist: Deadmau5 & Kaskade feat. Haley Gibby || http://youtu.be/LGbRpdCRwt0 (Video) || http://youtu.be/zK1mLIeXwsQ (Album Version) ||
Comments: Good morning, everyone. Today's song is yet another exercise in how to fairly distribute credit among the artists in a song. Everywhere I can find it (meaning Wikipedia, on the album, and in the titles of both videos), this song is simply credits the artists as "Deadmau5 and Kaskade." I've always thought that vocalists should be credited though, so when Wikipedia told me this song featured vocals by Haley Gibby, I was rather torn. In the end, I elected to record her as a featured artist, because I think it's most fair that way. And hey, perhaps you'll fall in love with the ethereal, trance-like vocals of Ms. Gibby and decide to look her up. If that's the case, than I can rationalize that my including her as a featured artist will facilitate the discovery of new music, which is the point of this blog. This song is a calm, relaxing mix that sounds more than a little bit trance-y to my Tiesto-educated ears, which is by no means a bad thing. The album version of this song is nearly ten minutes long, but the music video version (the video above) comes in at just over four minutes. Honestly, I'd advocate in favor of listening for both, but they're both excellent. However you listen to this song, you won't be disappointed.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment