Home » , , , , , , » Entry 193-- Soundtrack Week, Part 1: "Otherworld" (and Site Update!)

Entry 193-- Soundtrack Week, Part 1: "Otherworld" (and Site Update!)

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, April 30, 2012 | 4/30/2012 10:48:00 AM

Soundtrack Week, Part 1
Song: "Otherworld"
Artist: Nobuo Uematsu (Vocals by Bill Muir)
From: Final Fantasy X
http://youtu.be/4umidcc_8rU (Cutscene from the game)
http://youtu.be/YWIDYnbexUA (Soundtrack Version)
Comments: It's a crazy day today on the blog! First and foremost, welcome to Soundtrack Week! To open things up, a song from the game that sparked my love of an entire of genre of games, Final Fantasy X. FFX was my first Final Fantasy game, and years later, I remember watching this scene with my jaw hanging open and my heart pounding. There's a popular misconception that the vocals in the song were performed by Rammstein-- this is not true. The soundtrack to this game was done mostly by Nobuo Uematsu, who composed the scores for most of the games in this series. Both the song and the scene are excellent. Enjoy!
As for the site update, there're a couple of changes. First, I made a few tweaks to some of the gadgets and such on the site. Secondly, I'm proud to announce we now have a Facebook "Like" button, which you should all go and click, so you can get updates and other fun stuff! And last but not least, I'm in the process of trying to get Amanda and Miriah added as authors, so you can more easily tell who wrote what. Come back tomorrow to see how it all looks!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment