Home » , , , » Entry 192-- "Call Me Maybe"

Entry 192-- "Call Me Maybe"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, April 27, 2012 | 4/27/2012 01:26:00 PM

Song: "Call Me Maybe"
Artist: Carly Rae Jepsen

http://youtu.be/fWNaR-rxAic

Comments: Amanda here! This song is everywhere. And by that I mean, EVERYWHERE. There isn’t one friend of mine that I haven’t heard singing the chorus at some point in the last two weeks. It's all over the web, radio, and television, meaning you couldn’t avoid this song even if you tried. I’ve struggled with own my feelings about it, oscillating between sheer delight and complete hatred. But at the end of the day, I get it. Its classic bubblegum pop: breezy, up-tempo, and incredibly danceable. The song features one of the catchiest hooks I’ve heard in a while, making it the perfect earworm and a likely contender for song of the summer. You have to congratulate Carly Rae Jepsen on the commercial and critical success of the single. It’s well-deserved even if her lyrics are pretty terrible and overly simplistic. Honestly, though, who can’t relate to the song’s main sentiment, the excitement and anxiety of having a fancy new crush? It’s definitely crazy but I still find myself listening to and liking “Call Me Maybe.” The music video is also hilarious and kind of adorable. I suggest watching it at least once all the way through. Enjoy and have a great weekend!



Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment