Home » , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 562 -- "Path to Decay"

Stuck In My Skull 562 -- "Path to Decay"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 | 11/12/2014 06:23:00 AM

Song: "Path to Decay" || Artist: Sirenia || http://youtu.be/ouZQ7rgAq-I ||
Comments: Hello everyone! Today I quite honestly have "Rainbow Road" stuck in head, as it was the last song I heard from my workout playlist this morning. When I jumped on YouTube to see what else I'd been listening to lately, this song was sitting under that 'Watch it Again' section, and I was surprised to realize I'd never blogged about it. This track has been kicking around my head for at least a few years now, and I had looked at it several times previously without realizing I hadn't written about it. Thankfully, I can finally rectify that unfortunate situation. Sirenia is a gothic/symphonic metal bound with a sound that strikes me as being somewhere between Sonata Arctica and Evanescence, and that's a pretty good endorsement in my book. This track in particular fits almost perfectly into my conceptions of the prototypical female-vocals pseudo-gothic metal track. It's got some solid vocals backed by chugging riffs and the easy pace of a band who knows they rock. Apparently the band has had some lineup changes since this song came out, and I confess that I'm not terribly familiar with their more recent work. As best I can tell from Wikipedia however, the band's vocalist and at least one of the guitarists hasn't changed since this song came out, so I have no doubt that Sirenia's sound will still remain excellent in more recent tracks. Give this song a listen, and don't forget to like us on Facebook!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment