Home » , , , , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 560 -- "The Longest Road" With Remix!

Stuck In My Skull 560 -- "The Longest Road" With Remix!

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, November 7, 2014 | 11/07/2014 07:31:00 AM

Song: "The Longest Road" || Artist: Morgan Paige feat. Lissie || Remix: Deadmau5 || Original: http://youtu.be/M4pugDVEBxY || Remix: http://youtu.be/shBKTA3QIok ||
 Original Track
Deadmau5 Remix
Comments: Hello and happy Friday, everyone! If you ask anyone who knows me, they can tell you that my memory isn't always the greatest thing. My short term memory just plain sucks sometimes. So when I hear a good song, I write it down. I've got a running document saved in my phone of all the neat songs I've heard, and when I'm struggling to find a song to write about or have a song stuck in my head that I've already written about, I break out the song list. That's exactly what happened today, and this particular song has been sitting on my list for way too long. 
I originally ran into this song listening to Deadmau5's set from Ultra 2014, where everyone's favourite Mau5 mixes the accapella version of this track with "My Pet Coelacanth" (starting at about 18:00). I recognized the name of the producer of the song, Morgan Paige. He's appeared on this blog before, back in Entry 512 where I was talking about his song "Body Work" with Tegan and Sara. Lissie, however, was unfamiliar to me, so I looked her up. It turns out that she's a fairly talented singer-songwriter from Illinois, with a thing for that country/folk/rock triad that's all the rage these days. Her vocals really make the track move. For that matter, they'd make any track move. I love all three versions of this song that I've heard -- the original, the remix, and the accapella version thrown against "My Pet Coelacanth." The original version sounds about 60/40 house/folk, and the Deadmau5 remix neatly steps up the beat and makes the song into a bit better of a dance groove while keeping all of the original energy intact. Give this track a listen, and you won't be disappointed. Have a fantastic weekend, and don't forget to like us on Facebook!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment