Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 535 -- "Empire"

Stuck In My Skull 535 -- "Empire"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 | 8/13/2014 06:39:00 AM

Song: "Empire" || Artist: Shakira || http://youtu.be/QapfTGTXbxc ||
Comments: Good morning and happy Wednesday, everyone! To help you get through Hump Day, I've got a song that'll put a smile on your face, a beat in your ear, and get your mind out of a rut. A more rock-influenced song than many of Shakira's recent hits, "Empire" opens with a soft, acoustic section before bringing in some really well-done guitars behind the Columbian singer's powerful vocals. It's got a bit of electronic distortion in the chorus that I think is really well done, up there with the purposeful misuse of autotune in Kanye West's album 808s & Heartbreak. And yes, I just made a Kanye-Shakira comparison, and yes, I'm still torn about how I feel about that. Either way, this song keeps getting stuck in my head, so I figured it was time to share it with all of you. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment