Home » , , , » Entry 162: Cover Week, Part 6-- " Storytime" Weekend Special!

Entry 162: Cover Week, Part 6-- " Storytime" Weekend Special!

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Sunday, March 18, 2012 | 3/18/2012 10:11:00 AM

Song: "Storytime"
Artist: Frozen Lys
http://youtu.be/XPslYwWcVJU
Comments: Hello, all! Chris here, back from my week off. Thanks to Miriah and Amanda for covering so well for me! I was down in New Orleans, rebuilding houses that got trashed in Hurricane Katrina in 2005. And before you ask, yes, there is still plenty to be done down there. I was working with the Saint Bernard Project, which you should all go look at. No, really. Although the world has by-and-large forgotten about New Orleans, that city really does still need your help.
Anyway, the song. I forget how I stumbled onto Frozen Lys, but a month or two ago, I ran into this band. This trio covers Nightwish songs, and as far as I can tell, doesn't even do it by playing together in person. This three-piece band (not a five piece band with backing, like the original) does an impressive cover of an excellent song, over the internet. I emailed them, and they have told me that they will be producing original work in the future. I can't wait to see it. Frozen Lys, you have impressed me. Keep up the good work!
Regular content will resume Monday. Hope everyone enjoyed St. Patrick's Day (safely)!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment