Home » , , , » Entry 157: Cover Week, Part 1-- "All Along the Watchtower"

Entry 157: Cover Week, Part 1-- "All Along the Watchtower"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, March 12, 2012 | 3/12/2012 02:50:00 PM

Song: "All Along the Watchtower"
Artist: The Jimi Hendrix Experience
http://youtu.be/9WbKBKima4Q
Comments: It's Amanda again, and it's Cover Week at Stuck In My Skull! Chris is out of town so Miriah and I will be taking over and bringing you some of our favorite covers or some of the better ones we've come across. While strongly associated with guitar legend Jimi Hendrix, this song was first written and recorded by Bob Dylan, another sixties icon. Whenever I listen to it, I seem to forget this fact. In my opinion, it is one of those rare instances where the cover is as good or slightly better than the original (sorry Bob!). In any case, if you haven't heard it before, I suggest you take a listen. The song has this great narrative feel to it and a powerful way of sticking with you. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment