Home » , , » Entry 124: Symphonic Metal Week II-- "Wanderer"

Entry 124: Symphonic Metal Week II-- "Wanderer"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, January 13, 2012 | 1/13/2012 09:12:00 AM

Symphonic Metal Week II, Part V
Song: "Wanderer"
Artist: Ensiferum
http://youtu.be/uKZd4U397M4
Comments: Rounding out the second Symphonic Metal Week, Ensiferum's song "Wanderer." I was originally going to use Kamelot's "Memento Mori," but as I predicted when I wrote Entry 52, I'm seriously regretting using it as filler. Most of the songs by this band don't fall easily into the genre of symphonic metal, but I'd say this one is close enough to count. If pressed, I'd give it a genre of its own called Viking Metal. If pressed harder, I'd toss it into power metal. Most of their songs are also full of screamed vocals and grunts, but this song stands out as being calm, melodic, and beautiful. Bass drum and flute? Sign me up. Enjoy the song, and I hope you enjoyed the week!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment