Home » , » Entry 100!

Entry 100!

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Tuesday, December 6, 2011 | 12/06/2011 12:10:00 PM

Well, this is the 100th entry on this humble blog. To mark the occasion, I thought I'd share a list of the songs that I truly love. Some of them might have received an entry here already, and some might still get one. I've decided to put them alphabetically by artist, and just for chuckles, to see if I can find one for each letter of the English alphabet. Some letters might have more than one band, depending on how indecisive I am. Hopefully I'll be able to find an artist for each letter.
============================================
Astral Projection: Dancing Galaxy
Astral Projection: Tryptomine Dream

Black Eyed Peas: Just Can't Get Enough
Breaking Benjamin: The Diary of Jane

Coldplay: Violet Hill
Coldplay: Cemeteries of London

Daft Punk: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Darude: Music
Darude: Sandstorm
Deadmau5: Moar Ghosts 'n' Stuff

Earth: Engine of Ruin

Flobots: White Flag Warrior

Green Day: Letterbomb

Hush Sound, The: Red Wine

Immogen Heap: Hide and Seek

Juanes: Clase de Amor

Kamelot: Memento Mori
Kamelot: The Haunting (Somewhere in Time)
Katy Perry: E.T.
Katy Perry: Teenage Dream
Killers, The: When You Were Young

Led Zepplin: Stairway to Heaven
Linkin Park: Somewhere I Belong
Linkin Park: Waiting for the End
LMFAO: Party Rock Anthem

Muse: Butterflies and Hurricanes
Muse: Map of the Problematique
Muse: Resistance

Nightwish: Ever Dream

Owl City: Rainbow Veins

Pitbull: Rain Over Me
P.O.D.: Youth of the Nation

Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Can't Stop
Royksopp: Beautiful Day Without You

Shakira: Loca

Thrice: Image of the Invisible
Tiesto: Motorcycle (As the Rush Comes)
Tiesto: Just Be
Tiesto: Adagio for Strings
Tiesto: In the Dark

Usher: DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love

Voices in Your Head: Resistance

White Rabbits: Percussion Gun
White Rabbits: Rudie Fails
White Rabbits: The Salesman

X... I've got nothing.

Y... Still nothing.

Z... Zip, Zilch, Zero. I mean, there's ZZ Top, but I was never really into them... Someone send me some good ZZ Top? Or anything that starts with X or Y?
============================================
Well, despite my abysmal performance in the last three letters of the alphabet, I came up with artists and songs I love for 23 of 26 letters. That's 88.46%-- a B+ in some grading scales, and a fairly respectable amount. I meant to continue Pop Week today, but I decided this would be a better use of this milestone entry.
And what a milestone it is. At time of writing, this blog has 793 hits. Wow. Call me Taylor Swift, but I am so surprised and so grateful to you, my audience, and I can't thank you enough. Looking forward, I think I'll start trying new things. Maybe I'll write about more than just whatever happens to be stuck in my head at the moment. Stuck In My Skull is as much a blog about what I'm listening to and what I think is good music as it is about music in general. Maybe I'll try and advertise a bit, get a bigger audience. Maybe I'll get other writers to contribute to this blog. We'll see.
As always, enjoy the music, and if you have a song you want to share, let me hear about it!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment