Home » , » Entry 93-- "Our Truth"

Entry 93-- "Our Truth"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, November 18, 2011 | 11/18/2011 04:25:00 AM

Song: "Our Truth"
Artist: Lacuna Coil
http://youtu.be/SB9LXpO6yWo
Comments: Thank you, Guitar Hero, for showing me this song all those years ago. Lacuna Coil is (according to wikipedia) a gothic/alternative metal band, though I'm not quite sure if I agree with that. Alternative metal, maybe, but not so much gothic metal. As 'rock' gets harder and 'metal' gets softer (with the obvious exceptions of power, speed, death, and similar sub-genres of metal), the difference between them is increasingly blurred. At this point, I'd have to call this song hard rock, or at best, alternative metal. That would be an interesting post, actually-- a sort of editorial on the changes of the genres... But I digress. The song is amazing, and you should check it out. Enjoy your weekend!

(My plans for the coming holiday week are a little up in the air-- hopefully I'll be able to post, but I may well end up on a week-long hiatus.)
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment