Home » , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 492 -- "Single Ladies"

Stuck In My Skull 492 -- "Single Ladies"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, February 7, 2014 | 2/07/2014 06:12:00 AM

Song: "Single Ladies" || Artist: Beyoncé || http://youtu.be/4m1EFMoRFvY ||
Comments: Good morning, everyone! Today I woke up with this song stuck in my head, and I have precisely no idea at all why. Not to say that I mind -- this song, like pretty much everything Beyoncé does, is excellent and incredibly catchy. I'm confident that most people reading this entry have heard the song at some point, and a good portion of you have probably seen the video too. It's iconic black and white style with the camera moving around three dancers is oft-parodied but never equaled (though I think the John Barrowman version really is excellent, but that might just be the Whovian/Dr. Who fan in me speaking). Musically, this song really makes the clap track work, treating it as percussion and using it to drive the fairly minimalist instrumentation. And I do mean minimalist: Beyoncé's voice, the clap/percussion, a trilling synthesizer, a second synthesizer under that, and some bass are pretty much all I hear in this song. To pull off such a hit song with so little instrumentation really reflects Beyoncé's skill and talent. Give this song a listen, and it'll brighten your day.

Also, I was copy/pasting the term "Beyoncé" the entire entry, because I still have no idea to add the accent above letters with a standard US keyboard, and I'm anal-retentive enough to think it's important.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment