Home » , , , , , , , » Entry 213-- Tour of Techno Week, Part 3: Some Dubstep

Entry 213-- Tour of Techno Week, Part 3: Some Dubstep

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 | 5/30/2012 05:00:00 AM

Tour of Techno Week, Part 3
Song: "Pumped Up Kicks Dubstep Remix"
Artist: Foster the People, remixed by Butch Clancy


Song: "Numb (H320 Remix)"
Artist: Linkin Park, remixed by H320
Comments: I'd have to check on this, but I do believe this is the first time that Stuck In My Skull has ever put two songs in one entry. Welcome to the dubstep entry. The wikipedia entry on dubstep is a decent starting point, but I really don't like their definition. If pressed, I'd call dubstep a "heavily electronic sound with complex and/or irregular rhythms, heavy use of dirty, synthesized base, and distinct use of electronically generated effects." I wanted to introduce dubstep to readers who haven't heard it, and attempt to bring some of the naysayers around to a more moderate position, so I went looking for really excellent 'soft' dubstep. I'll admit, the harder end of dubstep (dirtier beats, less regular rhythms...) is an acquired taste, and really isn't for everyone. The first song in today's entry is worth watching the video to, even if you truly hate dubstep, just to watch this guy dance. The song itself is pretty decent, but I'll admit, I wanted a video that had more than just the music working to hold the attention. I like the second song better as a song, but as the video is entirely one image, it's rather dull. Regardless, the song is excellent, and the vocalist puts a nice spin on the song. Anyway, all I ask is that you set aside any preconceived notions and give these songs a try. If you like 'em, great! If not, oh well, there's always tomorrow's entry. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment