Home » , , , » Entry 202-- "Where Have You Been"

Entry 202-- "Where Have You Been"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 | 5/15/2012 09:00:00 AM

Song: "Where Have You Been"
Artist: Rihanna
http://youtu.be/HBxt_v0WF6Y
Comments: Oh, Rihanna. It's about bloody time. "We Found Love" was decently good, but it wasn't quite the level that I expect out of Rihanna. This song, on the other hand, bumps the bar up even higher. It has everything I like in a song of this genre: decent vocals that aren't completely trite, a steady and danceable beat, and a nice dose of electro. The sound is unmistakably Rihanna, which is refreshing. I'm sick of songs that you can't tell who the artist is without having to work at it. (Thankfully, there aren't too many of those.) Also, the video is pretty excellent. It has the best choreography I've seen in awhile, and isn't selling itself solely on sex appeal or special effects. It's actually a video, not an advertisement (I'm looking at you, Pitbull) or a sex scene (I'm thinking Nicki Minaj here, but I couldn't find more and better examples). Anyway, both this song and this video are excellent-- check them out!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment