Home » , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 529 -- "Rather Be"

Stuck In My Skull 529 -- "Rather Be"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, July 18, 2014 | 7/18/2014 08:32:00 AM

Song: "Rather Be" || Artist: Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne || http://youtu.be/m-M1AtrxztU ||
Comments: Hello and happy Friday everyone! Let's talk about Clean Bandit. I heard this song on the radio not long ago, and knew the moment I heard it that this was a fresh sound that I was absolutely in love with, and I absolutely had to look this song up. After I did, I spent multiple hours listening to a playlist of Clean Bandit on repeat, and I had really, really hard time picking which song I wanted to use for today. In the end it was a toss-up between this track and "Mozart's House." "Rather Be" won, but just barely, and both songs are excellent. For that matter, I've yet to encounter a Clean Bandit song I haven't liked, but I'll restrict my focus to this track for the sake of writing this entry. As of the time of writing, this song has been on Billboard's Hot 100 chart for five weeks, and is sitting at #32 after making a pretty huge jump up from #51. At the risk of sounding like a pop station, I really think this could be the song of the summer. It's a light, refreshing track with an addictively-funky sound, and it's nothing but awesome. The British electronic music quarter has put together a truly amazing track with some of the best instrumentation I've heard lately, mixing dance-inspired rhythms with classical strings and a floating, whimsical keyboard that really makes the track click. Fellow Brit Jess Glynne brings the song together with beautiful, soulful vocals. Honestly, this is one of the best songs I've heard in awhile, and I can't get enough. If you haven't heard it, check it out! If you have heard it, listen again, and enjoy! Have a good weekend!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment